Celebrating Scottish Food
Back for 2016, Scottish Food Fortnight gives us the opportunity to highlight the best of Scottish food and drink that we serve on our menus. The fortnight is widely publicised on National Media and allows food and drink businesses to join in collaborate and to take advantage of this great marketing campaign.The PR Guide gives some great ideas of how your business can join in and the ideas below highlight the scottish food or produce on your menu. Here are some of their ideas for Foodservice - Including restaurants, cafés, bars, hotels, caterers, visitor centres and many others....
- Create a special Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight food or drinks menu
- Run a competition in your local paper for readers to win a complimentary meal. Remember to speak to your local paper's promotions department to establish its minimum prize value and offer a prize to meet that amount
- Invite a local school class into the restaurant to watch Scottish food being prepared and cooked, and then host a special lunch for them
- Take your head chef out to a school to give a talk on Scottish food, where it's sourced from and the best way to prepare it.
- Invite the farmers and fishermen who supply your business to visit for a meal.
Scottish Culinary Team - Aberdeen Event
With only a few weeks to go until the Scottish Culinary Team compete at the Culinary Olympics why not show your support for the team whilst experiencing an Olympic level dining experience.
Hosted by The Chester Hotel, who are proud to have 2 Chefs in the the team line up, you will be able to experience first hand the cooking of Scotland's Culinary Olympians. Tickets are £35 per person and the evening starts with a glass of champagne and some canapes. To book your place please contact Kevin MacGillivray on 07762 795097
More than half way there for Fab 50
In October 2016 Team Scotland will compete at the IKA Culinary Olympics which take place in Erfurt in Germany. We are looking for 50 fabulous companies to contribute £500 each to help us on our journey. We are relly grateful for the incredible amount of support that we have received from the industry but we still need to do more!
There are lots of benefits for the companies supporting the initiative