St Andrews Links is recognised around the world as the Home of Golf. Every day our dedicated team at the Links manage and maintain the courses, clubhouses, golf academy and shops at this unique location. At the Home of Golf our aim is to provide a world class experience for every customer, whether they play, learn, shop or relax with us.
We are currently looking for a Sous Chef to join our team. The successful candidate should be passionate about delivering excellent customer service to the highest standard, self-motivated and committed. They will be responsible for overseeing the food preparation operation ensuring that service levels are delivered and maintained at all times. Duties will include
- To observe and control the preparation and cooking of food for the day to day food operations and for events.
- To manage and monitor the provision of food ensuring that quality standards are maintained.
- To assist with food purchasing, ensuring that quality standards are maintained and costs controlled.
- To operate online purchasing system (TEVALIS) and have a good understanding of Microsoft Windows 10, Excel
- To manage and monitor food hygiene regulations, ensuring compliance and that accurate record of this compliance are maintained, and where applicable, displayed.
- To ensure Health and Safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- To contribute to the development and pricing of menus to achieve agreed gross margin, for both day to day operations and events.
- To ensure that menu deadlines are adhered to, and thought is given to menu style, content, sustainability, seasonality, and most importantly appearance and taste
- To monitor stock, ensuring detailed records are maintained and that wastage is minimised.
- To assist with producing and managing staff rota’s.
- To manage, train and develop direct reporting staff according to Trust policy and procedures.
- Undertake any other duties as requested.
This is an excellent opportunity to work at the very heart of the dynamic and diverse business at the Home of Golf. The right candidate will further their skills and training whilst joining a very motivated team that aspires to high standards and good team morale. We offer a competitive salary, contributory pension scheme and other benefits.
Please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 13 May, 2018.